Thursday, December 27, 2007

Tips for including widget templates in add-widget forms

Here are a few tips that might help you avoid the posting mistakes that add-widget makes:

  1. Always enclose your template code in <b:includable id='main'></b:includable> tags.
  2. Always include a space before and after every plus (+) sign.
  3. Always substitute &amp;amp; for every & in all your code. This is not a mistake. The extra amp; is actually necessary.

These tips, if followed religiously, will ensure a safe and successful upload of your widget! Oh, I almost forgot.

  1. Always include the quickedit icon: <b:include name="quickedit"/>

That last one is because if you write your own widget template, the quickedit icon will not automatically be included.

2 comments:

kiwi........... said...

this is a great site and I love your info.is it possible to put different template in place of these? Thanks

Purse-N-Boots said...

I got your message about the backlinks. Thanks for trying so hard to contact me! I'll give it a try this evening! I think there should be a feature on blogger to contact the author my private message!